We have been following reports of the earthquake in Turkey’s eastern province of Van with great concern.
On behalf of the American people, I express my deepest condolences to the families of the victims.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the brave men and women who are working to bring assistance to this stricken region.
We stand shoulder to shoulder with our Turkish ally in this difficult time, and are ready to assist the Turkish authorities.
- Erdogan Oversees Relief After Turkey’s Worst Quake Since 1999 (businessweek.com)
- Obama Welcomes Libya’s Liberation (israelnationalnews.com)
- Obama: ‚America’s war in Iraq will be over‘ at year’s end (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Obama announced a complete withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq (ataleoftwocitiesdotnet.wordpress.com)
- Advisor: Maliki to visit Washington soon (thecurrencynewshound.com)