Donald Tusk, Polish Prime Minister –
David Cameron, UK Prime Minister –
Angela Merkel, German Federal Chancellor© European Union, 2011
The heads of state and government of all EU member states meeting on 26 October expressed their „common resolve to do their utmost to overcome the crisis and to help face in a spirit of solidarity the challenges confronting the European Union and the Euro area“.
The leaders agreed a text „Consensus on banking package„, subject to agreement on these measures and other elements by the same evening’s Euro Summit.
„The consensus concerns both the banks‘ short-term and longer-term needs,“ Herman Van Rompuy, President of the European Council, stated at the close of the summit. „The overarching goal of the exercise is to foster confidence in the European banking sector.“
These measures will be finalised by the Economic and Financial Affairs Council.
- EU Text:Leaders: Underlined Common Resolve To Overcome Crisis (forexlive.com)
- Full Remarks By Unelected European Council President Herman Von Rompuy (zerohedge.com)
- EU Van Rompuy: S-Term Bank Recap Needed In Currnt Circumstnces (forexlive.com)
- European Council – Financial instruments (helmutzermin.wordpress.com)
- Repeat:EU Text:Leaders: Underlined Resolve To Overcome Crisis (forexlive.com)